Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Dress

Peekaboo photos is one of my very favorite photo sites and inspiration for outfits and accessories I want to try for Bexley. I've seen these skirts in her pictures several times and always wanted to make one for Bex.


I had every intention of making Bexley's Easter dress this year with these skirts in mind, but couldn't find the motivation when the time came. So instead I took this dress that was just a hair too short and made it work.

Front before:

Back before:


Front after (including matching bows):


Back after:


I just added a slip, basically, and sewed ruffles on the back half and add a couple of ruffle layers on the front to add the length. Then I cut an opening in the back to show off the ruffles. Last, I sewed a strip of ribbon around the entire base of the top layer skirt to finish it off.

When Kiki and I got together a few weeks ago we were sharing our ideas for our girls' dresses and had the same idea, I couldn't wait to see her's from complete scratch. And she did not dissapoint! Check it out here.