Saturday, April 9, 2011

Four Ways to Easterize Your Candlesticks

I've been featured on Kiki Creates!

Which is hilarious to me because I don't condsider this a real craft blog, it's just a collection of things I've made and where I found the ideas. So here are a few Easter ideas I've found and re-created.


This is what our "mantle" looks like most of the time...with plain, boring candles.

Now with a few Easter twists...
#1 - Candlestick Nests
I had this little combo sitting in an apothecary vase on the kitchen table and thought, "why not on a candlestick?" So here it is...just some thick moss from Joann's and some speckled eggs from Hobby Lobby.



The next three projects are all relatively similar to each other. I found my egg shaped styrofoam at Hobby Lobby. First you'll want to shave off a little of the egg from the bottom, so it can easily sit on the candlestick.


#2 - Moss Eggs

These are so simple, I'm sure we've all seen these and the next project done all over the craft blogging world with the round styrofoam balls. You simply glue the moss on to the styrofoam.

#3 - Rosette Eggs

Simply glue or pin rosette flowers all over the styrofoam egg. Kiki gave the best rosette tutorial I've seen just a couple of weeks ago. Check it out here.

#4 - Paper Flower Eggs

This idea spurred from Martha Stewart's Hyacinth Topiary idea. I didn't have the fake flowers lying around, but I do have an abundance of paper, so I cut out a few flowers, stacked two at a time and pinned them on.

Ta-da! These ones were my favorite and made the final cut to sit on the mantle for the season!

2 comments:

cheeks said...

look at you....entering the crafty blogging world! i LOVE the candlestick toppers :) I think i like the paper ones the best!

Ashley said...

All Super cute ideas Kara. It was fun seeing all you guys over the weekend. Sorry we didn't' get to chat very long.