Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Costumes

Made Bex a quick zoo "costume" at the beginning of the month. Another appliqued onesie and these baby legs came from Target's dollar spot. Her bow was inspired by this lady who sent one similar with a matching dress when Bexley was a newborn. (Just some five point block flowers cut out of felt and vinyl, bottomed with netting and topped with a little rosette.)

Bexley's trick-or-treating costume. I've wanted to do this costume for my little girl since I was 16 when another cute family in our ward dressed their baby up this way. A little Anne Geddes Hydrangea with matching tutu (converted in to a dress).
The hat is just a beanie covered with hydrangea petals plucked from a bush from Joann's and hot glued all over the place. Here's another version/tutorial.
And a last minute tiny matching treat bag that she carried around on her foot all night while daddy carried her.

For the family Halloween party we dressed as gangsters all because I ran across the cutest little girls' doo rag tutorial that I could not find again for the life of me, so I just cut out a square of fabric, sewed the edges with a zig zag stitch, cuz I was too lazy to fold the edges over twice and sew. Then I folded it in half diagonally and tied it in the back. Much easier, but here's another tutorial and pattern if you're interested. We wrapped the remaining fabric around her arm and added some vinyl letters to the wrong side of a t-shirt.

Mommy's...

Bex and Daddy had matching faux leather wrist bands.
FYI - do not try to hot glue vinyl on vinyl, it will all fall off by the end of the night. Stop being so gosh darn LAZY and sew it on!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute Halloween costume ideas. Love her Anne Geddes costume you did.

I too learned the hard way about hot gluing vinyl on vinyl....my work of art fell apart too. I did find a glue that works so that made me happy. I too am lazy and don't' want to sew if I don't have to.