Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Relief Society Activity - Homemade Gifts

Our ward held a night of homemade gift ideas where a few people came up with some fun, cheap ideas, then displayed them and provided handouts for everyone to go home and make whatever they wanted. I was so sad I had to miss the actual night, I wanted to see everyone else's ideas!

First project, a place mat into a purse. Idea from Sew4Home. The only thing I did differently was buttonholes in place of grommets (too cheap for grommets), then added a fabric flower at the end of the handles to hold in place.

I ended up having to make the actual place mat first because I couldn't find one I really liked.
I'm pretty positive I live within walking distance of the greatest thrift store in ohio. They have a monthly calender of deals, including half off day. I found this frame a few weeks ago...
And turned it in to this for my cousin's wedding gift.
Then I decided I wanted one for myself, I spent a little more on this frame.
But it was worth it. I even had enough fabric from a project I may never finish so it will all match!

And last, I converted these cupboards...
Into a version of this and this from an idea I saw at swiss days last year.


So much fun and so easy and cheap. I'm pretty much ready for Christmas now!

1 comment:

cheeks said...

come decorate my house, please :) and thank you!