Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Purses for Craft Fair

We've been busy 'round here getting ready for the craft fair in Idaho in less than two weeks. Which means the next two weeks are going to be even crazier!
I decided to try a new purse pattern and it was EASY after the first purse. So I made the next four all at once.
Once again I used another $.99 simplicity pattern.

This was the first and I think it's my favorite. I got tons of designer fabric for dirt cheap one week through Quilthome and have been having so much fun playing with it. On this first purse I didn't have interfacing so it's a little more flexible but less sturdy.

I added rosettes at the ends of the handles instead of buttons.


Don't mind the crappy crooked cutting job on this one.
No, this one might be my favorite!

I changed the pattern a bit when sewing all the pieces (outside, band, lining) together. I just sewed them all together at the same time, then turned the band over and "stitched in the ditch" to finish it off.
I should have gotten an inside picture of one because it has the deepest, greatest pockets ever!

2 comments:

cheeks said...

kara! these are so cute (and no, not too retro for me) haha! why didn't you take my ruined purse back to cincy with you and just fix it for me?!?!?

Ashley said...

SO so cute Kara. I love all your fabric too. You won't have a hard time selling any of your stuff, you are so talented!!